Are you passionate about raising awareness of inflammatory arthritis? When it comes to advocacy work, do you enjoy focusing on the positive? Would you like to support the Show Us Your Hands! community and work to unite and inspire people around the world?
If your answer to these questions is yes, we need you!
Show Us Your Hands! is moving to the next level. We are beginning the process of becoming an official nonprofit charity organization in order to continue organizing creative community projects and awareness campaigns aimed at increasing public understanding of inflammatory arthritis. This means we need to grow our Board of Directors.
This is where you come in!
As a member of the Show Us Your Hands! Board of Directors, your responsibilities would include:
- defining our Mission and ensuring we stay on course,
- developing an annual plan and managing programs to accomplish our Mission,
- implementing and maintaining transparent financial systems, budgets and accounting controls,
- supporting and engaging in fundraising efforts,
- internal board management, such as electing officers and replacing outgoing Directors,
- establishing and overseeing special-issues committees (e.g., community outreach, volunteers, awareness programs, special events), and
- helping promote Show Us Your Hands! and its activities to the public.
Our organizational culture is one that emphasizes proactive teamwork, respect and a sense of humor. We believe in the inflammatory arthritis community and in this organization and work hard for the love of the cause. (This is another way of saying that this is a volunteer unpaid position!)
If you are committed to working at the global grassroots level to unite and inspire people who live with inflammatory arthritis, please let us know by responding to the following questions before November 1, 2012.
Experience with finance and accounting is a plus.
Update November 2, 2012: Thanks to everyone who submitted an application. We were thrilled to see the level of interest from so many people who are interested in joining our organization. Over the next few weeks, we will carefully review all applications and then contact selected candidates for brief online interviews.