Are you passionate about raising awareness about inflammatory arthritis? Have you been looking for a unique opportunity to work with a close-knit team of dedicated people who like to laugh while they work hard? Do you get numbers? If so, this may be perfect for you!
Show Us Your Hands! is looking for a new Director of Finance. A basic facility and comfort level with finances is essential, but we encourage learning on the job and support each other through gaining specialized knowledge. Knowledge of accounting and past involvement in non-profit organizations a plus.
As a member of the Show Us Your Hands! Board of Directors, your responsibilities would include:
- Lead the organization’s financial strategy
- implementing and maintaining transparent financial systems, budgets, annual reports and spending and accounting controls,
- supporting and engaging in fundraising efforts, donor relations
- working with the teams to implement our Mission and ensuring we stay on course,
- developing an annual plan and managing programs to accomplish our Mission,
- internal board management and administrative tasks
- establishing and overseeing special-issues committees (e.g., Finance Committee, awareness programs, special events and ad hoc initiatives)
- helping promote Show Us Your Hands! and its activities to the public.
Our organizational culture is one that emphasizes proactive teamwork, respect and a sense of humor. We believe in the inflammatory arthritis community and in this organization and work hard for the love of the cause. (This is another way of saying that this is a volunteer unpaid position!)
If you are committed to working at the global grassroots level to unite and inspire people who live with inflammatory arthritis, please submit your application by January 31, 2014.
Show Us Your Hands! is an international awareness movement which serves to unite and inspire the inflammatory arthritis community. For more information, please visit www.showusyourhands.org. Show Us Your Hands! can also be found on Facebook and Twitter.